Wednesday, June 20, 2012

One Food You Can't Afford Not to Eat

Alright this is a quick one but I have to put this out there. If you haven't done so already get your butt out of bed, off the couch, or out of the chair in front of the computer and MOVE. Ok now go to the nearest grocery store and buy some KALE. You have no excuse not to. Honestly I just bought some the other day and I got a whole bunch of it for like $3 and it was even organic. Even if you shop at Walmart they sell it there!

"but I don't know how to cook kale."

Before cooking...look at all that GREEN
First, don't start a sentence with a but, instead start with YES. So here is the deal. You can get fancy and try recipes or you can do this. Break the kale into pieces, toss with some olive oil and seasoning of your choice, put it on a pan and bake. I bake mine at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Time will depend on how crispy you want the kale and how much you are cooking. With the right seasoning (I use BBQ a lot) this little snack can take care of a craving and it is a serving of vegetables! I included pictures of my kale before and after baking. Don't ask me about calories...more to come on that in the next post!


All ready to enjoy!!

1 comment: