Saturday, August 11, 2012

Recovery day workout!

Today I am feeling a bit of soreness so its all about recovery. This is aimed to flush out the soreness and still get a good workout. Don't be afraid of "overtraining." your body needs to move in order to heal. Trust me!

Today's workout:

5 x 500 m row with 2 min rest in between intervals
5 x 100 m swim with 2 min rest in between intervals

My 500 m rowing intervals ranged from 2:20-2:30 and my swims were about the same. At these paces, it was a nice, moderately easy workout to get blood flow into the muscles and help me recover.

Also when you are sore, the two most important things you should be doing is moving and drinking (water!). So I will push plenty of fluids today. I try to stay away from NSAIDS unless absolutely necessary because they are just terrible for your body and I don't want to erode the inner lining of my stomach. But hey that's just me. Also, I had a little foam roll release therapy today (thanks Jim!) and if you haven't experienced that yet..well..OW! But it's definitely worth it.

Have a great weekend y'all. Remember, more time on the weekend to get workouts in. One simple YES could change your life forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment